FOSDEM is a free and non-commercial event organized by the community for the community. The goal is to provide free and open source software developers and communities a place to meet to:
– Get in touch with other developers and projects;
– Be informed about the latest developments in the free software world;
– Be informed about the latest developments in the open source world;
– Attend interesting talks and presentations on various topics by project leaders and committers;
– To promote the development and benefits of free software and open source solutions.fosdem.org/2020/about/
This is my third time attending FOSDEM. I attended on behalf of RIT LibreCorps to represent our engagement with the UNICEF Office of Innovation and the Innovation Fund. For FOSDEM 2020, I arrived ready to give my talk (coming in pt. 2) and honestly to see where the weekend took me.
Planning out FOSDEM is hard. So, my strategy is to figure it out as I go, since most of what I get out of FOSDEM comes from casual conversations and “hallway track.”Continue reading